I don't take enough time to be grateful... in fact, usually I'm more prone to feeling like "I need more" instead of "I am so lucky for what I have." So I'm taking a moment to express some gratitude for my truly wonderful life.
Today I'm thankful for:
- My wonderful husband, who's funny and smart and handsome and supportive and loving. I love him! Meeting him was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- My sweet, sweet four-year-old, who is such a good boy every day. His observations and insights make me see the world differently and the results are humorous and wonderful.
- Our baby girl-to-be, who's growing up a storm and starting to give me the most annoying lower back pain. Looking forward to many years of watching her grow and whatever she throws at us!
- Great family and friends, who are always willing to lend a hand or just get together for some good times.
- Seattle and all of its amazing charms, even when it's gloomy. We're so lucky to live in such an interesting, diverse, beautiful place. We had a glimpse of Mount Rainier yesterday; even from 100 miles away she is so majestic and ginormous! The natural world is an amazing place.
- Being generally happy and healthy; I take it for granted until the most minor of colds invades and then I realize how great I feel most days. It's hasn't always been like this and it won't be forever. So in this moment in time I am grateful to be blessed with happiness and health.
So many more things! I am going to try to take a moment every day this week and give thanks. What about you, what are you most grateful for this year?