Mom365

Community

Information

January 2014

A group for moms with babies born in January 2014.

Members: 64
Latest Activity: yesterday

Welcome, mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your new baby! Pics are good too :)

Discussion Forum

Crazy hair!

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host yesterday. 0 Replies

When I was pregnant my hair got really curly- loved that!  Now it's kinda relaxing and going away. Did your hair do anything funny while you were pregnant?  Did it go back to normal? Continue

Cleaning solutions?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host yesterday. 2 Replies

There are so many cleaning solutions out there now a days- it can almost be overwhelming! There are those that make their own- and the many options on the shelves. What brand of general cleaner do…Continue

Crib?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Sep 10. 2 Replies

Where did you get your baby crib from?  Do you really like it?  I'm looking at getting a new one, and I'd like one with storage under it maybe- but I can't figure out the best place to go to get it! Continue

Are you ready to send your baby to the spa?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Katie, Mom365 Host Sep 8. 3 Replies

Have you heard of a baby spa?  Apparently, they are a popular thing- you send your little one to the spa for a day of relaxation and many moms are saying that a spa day helps their babies to…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of January 2014 to add comments!

Comment by Cortney yesterday
Thank you so much!
Comment by Marishka yesterday
My son was like that at first. With the first and the second little spoonful of cereal I thought he loved it, but after that he refused it. I tried again later and it was still the same. After a week of trying he started eating more than just two bites. He was eating about 5-10 bites of the cereal. I switched up to cereal mixed with puréed sweet potatoes and then he was eating more. Then every few days I would let him try something new. After about a month of working on feeding him a bit more each time, he now eats two full baby bullet jars of puréed food. We started feeding him solids at 6 months and now he is 9 months. Also since your son has allergies, I would stick with one kind food for a few days even if he only takes a few bites before you introduce another kind of food just to make sure he doesn't have/develop any allergies. I also have 4 year old twins. A girl and a boy. My daughter was more sensitive to foods, not necessarily allergic, so with her I introduced different kinds of foods at a slower pace than my son. Hope this helps you! Remember that you rock! Parenting is just figuring things out and as long as your baby is happy and healthy you are doing everything right.
Comment by Cortney yesterday
I've tried both :( it's so discouraging. Maybe I'm just giving up to soon? I thought if he didn't seem interested I should wait a while before trying again? Should I continue offering the same stuff every day?
Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on Thursday
Welcome, Cortney! Your little guy sounds very sweet :) How are you doing table foods, as purées or more chunky stuff at this point? I have heard it might take 10 tries before a baby likes something so don't give up hope :)
Comment by Cortney on Wednesday
Hello Mamas! I am Cortney and my baby is Cash. He was born 1/24/14. He is active and silly. He can crawl and is able to pull himself up on his own to standing. I feel like he will be walking soon! I breastfeed him and have since birth, but he doesn't really care for any other food. Except for French fries that his dad sneaks him. Lol. He has a dairy/milk protein allergy so I've had to cut that from my diet and it's very hard. I worry about the fact that he doesn't care for table food yet. But he nurses like a champ! He slept in a bassinet next to my bed for the first 5 months of his life, but he got sick while we were visiting family and I let him sleep in bed with me to keep an eye on him. I haven't been able to get him out of my bed since, although I've tried. I'm a sucker for the little guy. Lol. I'm happy to be in this group with women who have babies the same age as mine!
Comment by Lovealem on August 19, 2014 at 7:34am
Hi Jmerkle. I am very happy for you and your baby boy. Yes, he is very precious. I am hoping you are recovered fully and have all the energy to enjoy your baby boy. it took me many years to understand why to have a baby and decide to have one. Now, I am happy with my decision.
Comment by Jmerkle on August 19, 2014 at 1:13am
Hi I have a precious baby boy. He is named after my husbands grandfather and my grandfather. August Lumire. It took us 16 years to have him, he is truly a blessing. He did take a toll on me the first month he was born. A week after having him I had post partum pre-eclampsia and a week after getting out of the hospital with that I was back in with pancreatitis with cholecystitis and had to have my gallbladder removed. I wanted to be one of those mothers and breast feed for the first year but after my second hospital stay my milk supply depleted due to malnourishment and dehydration. I was pretty bummed and hard on myself about it. However my son is thriving. He is off the chart in height for his age group. He is about 30 inches tall and weighs about 20 pounds. He is not crawling yet and he is starting to sit unassisted for very short period of time. He is able to roll front to back and back to front. I almost think he will be one of those babies who will walk before crawling. That's my 7 months in a nut shell. Thank you for letting me share.
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on August 9, 2014 at 9:38am

Hi Lovealem!

It sounds like your baby girl is eating well and active- some kids grow at a slower pace and if she has just started to be active she won't gain weight as quickly as she did before.  Does she still have wet and dirty diapers?  As long as she is eating, pooping, peeing, and sleeping- she should be ok.  If you are really worried though, take her in- I know it's hard when the office is busy, but it's worth your peace of mind for sure! 

Comment by Lovealem on August 8, 2014 at 8:11am
My baby girl doesn't seem she is gaining weight/height. Also, her hair doesn't seem growing. I haven't taken her to her six month check up yet. I am waiting for the next appointment. The dr. Offices are pretty crowded during the summer. She is a very active girl. She stated crawling at 4 and 1/2. Now, she climbs up and stands by holding all kind of staff. She is supper active and creates all kind of mess in the house. About her eating pattern: She eats fruits and veggies. She doesn't like cereal. She salivates when I eat and she always tries to grab from my plate. I feed her a little bit from my plate. She is still breastfeeding.
Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on August 8, 2014 at 7:07am
Welcome, Regina! We're very glad you found us :) Congrats on your little guy, he's very cute!

Members (64)

© 2014   Created by Mom365.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service