Mom365

Community

Information

February 2014

A group for moms with babies born in February 2014.

Members: 59
Latest Activity: Oct 18

Welcome, mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your new baby! Pics are good too :) 

Discussion Forum

Baby noises?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Oct 18. 0 Replies

Tonight we were listening to my little one make her baby noises, we had some company over and they were not used to baby noises- my little one was laughing and they thought she was choking- lol.What…Continue

How do you grocery shop?

Started by Katie, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Katie, Mom365 Host Oct 12. 15 Replies

One thing I find challenging is grocery shopping with my baby. I just can't figure out how to carry her and the groceries. Sometimes I use the Ergo, but I have to arrive at the store while she's…Continue

Finger foods

Started by Cougs. Last reply by Cougs Oct 12. 2 Replies

Hi :) We are doing great with solid baby food (the puree kind in the jars). Am wondering how to introduce finger foods. I'm freaked out by the thought that she might choke on her first bite.Continue

Tags: eating, foods, finger, food, baby

What kind of music?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Oct 12. 6 Replies

What kind of music do you listen to in the car?  Does your little one seem to enjoy it? Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of February 2014 to add comments!

Comment by amberv02 on September 18, 2014 at 1:49pm

Hi Katie and thanks for the reply! I was nursing to sleep as well but once I started the sleep training I stopped and instead moved his last feeding to about 20-30 minutes before putting him down. Was thinking he's developed a severely strong sleep association with my boob and sleep! Maybe your little one has the same issue going on as you stated you nurse to sleep? How do you get yours to stay asleep past her first sleep cycle? I started, as a last ditch effort this past Saturday with a modified cry it out method. Wasn't thrilled but decided to give it a try. We already had a consistent bed time routine in place. He eats, we have some playtime, bath, and then a bedtime story and then I put him down. I've given him a "lovey" in hopes that it will help him feel more secure and he sometimes takes a paci but not always. Once I put him down I walk out of the room. If he fusses I go back every few moments reassuring him by rubbing the sides of his face or patting his back and tell him it's bedtime and that mommy loves him. I was terrified it'd be hours of screaming but to my surprise the first night it took 20 minutes, the 2nd it took about 5, the 3rd it was almost instant, and last night took about 5 and the only reason I think he back slid a little bit was because he had been coughing all afternoon and maybe didn't feel all that great. For now when he's waking up I'm nursing him and he usually falls back asleep fairly quickly. Sometimes though (this has been true for the last several months) when he wakes up he won't nurse AND won't go back to sleep. Last night he woke up at 4:15 and didn't go back to sleep until 6 am! Being a full-time working momma, well the lack of sleep has definitely caught up with me and I feel like I'm chronically exhausted!! I've exclusively breastfed and my husband resorted to the couch months ago not being able to handle the constant waking so it's been all me, the entire 7 months! Oh and I have a 4 year old also and feel so bad because I know I haven't been the momma I want to be because of this sleep exhaustion. :(

Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on September 18, 2014 at 1:06pm

Hi amberv02, I am in the same boat. In our case she is still in our room as we are in a 2-bedroom apartment with a four-year-old in the other room. So we hear everything she does, and vice versa. I can't even attempt sleep training! She nurses to fall asleep, and then she'll be out for anywhere from two to five hours, when she wakes up and I feed her. That would be fine if she went back to sleep for the rest of the night, but after that she is up just about every hour. I've tried putting her in the swing to sleep after that first feeding which works sometimes, but is obviously not ideal. What sleep training method are you using, cry it out? What are you doing during the night awakenings? I'm so sorry he has had so many ear infections, poor little guy!

Comment by amberv02 on September 18, 2014 at 12:20pm

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if any other mommas out there are still dealing with their 7 month old baby not sleeping! My son has never been a good sleeper and the 4 back to back ear infections he had did not help things out either! Feel like we have tried everything under the son to help him sleep at night but he is STUCK on waking every 2 hours at night...like I can literally almost time it to the exact moment he will wake up! We recently started sleep training and that has worked beautifully for helping him fall asleep on his own. After 3 nights and hardly no tears, more whining than anything, he can go to sleep at bedtime just fine! But so far the night awakenings have not changed at all. Any one else still dealing with the sleep patterns of a newborn?!

Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on September 13, 2014 at 10:43pm
How are solids going, moms? I feel really good about Isla's eating, so far there's nothing she doesn't like!
Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on August 29, 2014 at 7:22am
Hi Jennifer and a delayed welcome to you! Our babies are two days apart :) I'm so sorry about your losses--I had a miscarriage as well--but very happy about your new little girl, she sounds lovely :)
Comment by JennB on August 16, 2014 at 12:22am

Hi! My name is Jennifer and on Feb 28 my husband and I were blessed with our beautiful baby girl Raina Grace. She was 8 pounds 14 ounces and 20.25 inches long. Before her we had 2 miscarriages (one at almost 19 weeks), so she is our little miracle, and we couldn't be happier to have her. She has colic (still :-( ) and is teething, but they have not broken through yet. She rolls and scoots everywhere, and babbles constantly. She used to sleep through the night, but once she started teething, that ended. She's about 19 pounds now, and is occasionally eating solids, but she's not "sold" on them yet,

Comment by Sarah on August 9, 2014 at 9:28pm
Clayton has started saying mama! Not just like a one time fluke as part of his babbling, but constantly. Sometime just "mama!", and sometimes momomomomom. Lol. It seems to be his syllable of choice for now and certainly can't complain :) He can roll over both ways now, scoots himself around in circles on his back, sometimes takes a few steps while holding his dads hands, is sitting up a little by himself, drinks water from a cup or bottle that I'm holding, started trying some solids from a spoon or mesh feeder (he loves them), and seems very close to cutting a tooth. So much at once! Its amazing and a little overwhelming.
Comment by Lachell on August 3, 2014 at 6:51am
Hi everyone! Mahogany is rolling over and sitting up on her own. No teeth yet but it has to be soon because she keeps her fingers in her mouth and is constantly drooling!
Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on August 3, 2014 at 5:18am
They're getting so big already! Isla has her bottom teeth and although she's not crawling, when she's on her tummy she can definitely move! I put her down in one spot and she manages to drag and rotate herself around.
Comment by Ciera on August 2, 2014 at 4:22pm
@gabe214 my daughter also keeps pushing her butt up like she wants to crawl I keep putting shinny things in front of her to make her move! She's started sitting up on her own! So I know it's only a matter of time!

Members (59)

© 2014   Created by Mom365.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service