Mom365

Community

Information

December 2014

A group for moms with babies born in December 2014.

Members: 60
Latest Activity: Mar 19

Welcome, mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your two-year-old! Pictures are good too :)

Discussion Forum

Coloring time...

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Judith Mar 19. 1 Reply

If it's coloring time at your house- what type of items are you giving your little one to color with? Do they use markers, crayons, paint, colored pencils? What about those special markers that only…Continue

Your little one and music?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Mar 12. 0 Replies

Does your little one enjoy music?  What kinds of fun kids music have you found that you can play and enjoy listening to with your little one? Continue

Did you ever co-sleep?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Jan 4. 2 Replies

Did you ever co-sleep with your little one? Are you still co-sleeping? How easy was it to break them of the habit?Continue

New Years traditions?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Dec 28, 2016. 0 Replies

Do you have any traditions that you will be doing with your little one this year? I saw our local zoo is doing a 'countdown' to noon instead of midnight, so that little ones could be involved- I…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of December 2014 to add comments!

Comment by Suellen Zeinner on February 22, 2015 at 8:23am
Well we fell asleep downstairs and then when I woke up I put her in the crib snd she slept for and hour and woke up wanting to eat (it had been 5 hours and though she was sleeping through the night before this didn't shock me) I then put her back in the crib where she woke after an hour but then went back to sleep...first time ever in her crib. So I think it may be the reflux and we may have found the answer. I feel so bad if that's the case and she was in pain. Any ideas how long it takes for them to get over the reflux?
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on February 22, 2015 at 7:14am

Suellen,

So sorry about the rough night- hoping propping the crib helps! 

Comment by Ravell on February 21, 2015 at 11:25pm

good luck! I know it can be rough but hopefully it work out for the best!

Comment by Suellen Zeinner on February 21, 2015 at 11:10pm
Well...she was asleep for 30 min in her crib and then started screaming and I'd screaming tonight like she was before we diagnosed the reflux. So...I thought maybe amber is right and her refux is bothering her. I proped the mattress up under one side so it's slanted like her rock and play and bouncer she sleeps well in. We will see how this goes :/.
Comment by Kit on February 21, 2015 at 8:07pm
Let us know how that goes!
Comment by Suellen Zeinner on February 21, 2015 at 7:03pm
I'm hoping she gets it. I have the same type set up downstairs in a chair too. i don't think she'll be that hard I hope. Lol. I appreciate the support. I have been using a pack and play for napping and her crib and have tried putting rolled recieving blankets at her lower half to try and make her fell more snuggled in but still be safe. Here's hoping she likes her sleep sack tonight
Comment by Kit on February 21, 2015 at 3:59pm
By the way I just noticed from my first post to you that you could start putting her in the crib at nighttime. I meant nap time. Oops.
Comment by Kit on February 21, 2015 at 3:58pm
Don't worry, I have a 17 month old daughter and a 2 month old son. When my daughter was a newborn, all she ever slept in was on the couch with me but I made sure nothing was around her to where she would suffocate and my arm would go numb bc I refused to move. That went on for a couple months. She would not sleep in her bassinet. She loved her swinger but I didn't want her to get used to that either. So when I transitioned her to the crib, actually more like cold turkey, I made sure I played the lullaby cd for her every single night. I think that one played for about 40 mins. She still cried in the middle of the night. As she got older, I transitioned to a crib soother and she still cried. So there has been most nights where she just slept in the bed with me. Even when she was a year old, she still hated sleeping in her crib but I knew I had no choice but to start sleep training her bc my son was coming soon. Now she sleeps in her crib all night with no problem and turns her crib soother on. It was very hard but you just have to be persistent and patient. I wish you all the best bc I know what it was like. My daughter was not an easy one.
Comment by Suellen Zeinner on February 21, 2015 at 3:30pm
She is in the bassinet sleepers in the day if she's not in thE crib. Sometimes she sleeps sometimes she wakes up. She sleep in her bouncer at my parents a lot yesterday. I'm bad because I do enjoy holding and cuddling her. But they are only little once and I won't have this time with her soon. I'm going go try a sleep sack tonight. I do have something that plays music but it is timed so it would turn off before she usually wakes up. I have thought about putting a cd player on in her room on repeat since I have baby lulling flute music.
Comment by Kit on February 21, 2015 at 2:48pm
Do you have anything that could soothe her like a crib soother or something that plays music? She is probably not used to it bc it's a big and open scary place for her. You could either start by putting her in her crib at nighttime or put her in one of those cosleeper travel bassinet and put that in the crib and let her get used to it.

Members (60)

© 2017   Created by Mom365.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service