Mom365

Community

Information

December 2013

A group for moms with babies born in December 2013

Members: 52
Latest Activity: on Friday

Welcome, Mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your new baby. Pics are good too :)

Discussion Forum

What size are they in?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host on Friday. 6 Replies

How big are your little ones getting?  What size are they wearing now? My little one is in 6 month clothes- sometimes she can wear the 9 month things, just kinda depends on what it is!Continue

Containing your baby?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Jul 16. 4 Replies

I was reading an article about 'over containing' babies- it was talking about all the different containers we buy for our kids and put them in- bouncy seats, swings, excersaucers, bumboo's, and more-…Continue

Camping tips?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Jul 13. 7 Replies

We are going camping for the first time as a family this summer- we've traveled a lot, but this will be the first time camping out.  I used to camp and backpack all the time- but that was when I was…Continue

No! She wasn't a premiee!

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Jun 28. 0 Replies

My daughter just turned six months old- she was almost 9 pounds when she was born, so not small at all.  I've had small babies, and she definitely isn't one of them!  Every one is always making…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of December 2013 to add comments!

Comment by jamie on Thursday
Welcome proud daddy....I love this site. Always sending weakly updates on new developments baby might be having and such a supportive group.
Comment by 1pr0uddaddy on Thursday

Hello everybody, I am new the group here. I am not the mommy, and I hope that doesnt matter. My name is daddy to the 4 best things to ever happen to me. The most recent miracle was born December 11, 2013. I have been getting the emails weekly, and never joined, so today, I decided to join the group.

Comment by jamie on February 20, 2014 at 10:52am
weell good luck you you. just remember to stay calm, breathe and know that there is a lifht at the end. babies need routine, and whomever uhave watching baby when you go back to work wont be as good as mommy andyou mayhave some setbacks, but ucan do it and work through it.
Comment by Debbie on February 20, 2014 at 9:51am
Thanks so much. You are a blessing. We seem to be getting into a routine. Your help is so appreciated. My husband travels and is out of the country or out of the state every week, it all falls on me to take care of our daughter. I am going back to work soon and need to get her schedule straight before she starts daycare. Thank you so much. I have t the baby wise book. Need to reread it.
Comment by jamie on February 19, 2014 at 6:46pm
for the furst 3 weeks we swaddled 24/7, then we just phased out daytime swaddle. also if you are going to bf it is a good idea to try introducing bittles at this time too if you plan on going to work. for anyone interested most ofthe infirmation about feed wake sleep cycleis derived from "babywise" book. it discusses several parenting types abd you just need to figure out what will wirk vest for you. also i think the reason i have had such sucess is that i dont let him fall asleep in my arms abd then try to put him to bed, he goes to bed awake. which this makes it hars when grandma watches him cuz she doesnt understand this and all she wants to do is cuddle, so i just have to learn to pick my battles
Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on February 19, 2014 at 6:09pm

I think the no-swaddle during the daytime naps sounds like such a great idea, I can't wait to try it with our new baby when she finally gets here!

Comment by jamie on February 19, 2014 at 6:26am
also just to give u an idea, we nurse anywhere between20-45min. it might understand my times a lil better.
Comment by jamie on February 19, 2014 at 6:23am
hi debbie, im glad your making some progressa! it takes time. si our typical day when im home. 4am is usually our first feeding of the day. i nurse and will keep him awake for at least 10-15min (remember we have a cycle tofollow), i do this by changing his diaper, unless ge has rwally bad poopy diaper i wait to change him til after feeding. i try not to get him all riled up, afterall it is r4am. si the first sign i see him getting tired usually a yawn i will lay him down, ans sometimes he doesnt show me any signs but i still lay him down in his crib, turn on the ocean sound and set it for 30 min amd let him fall asleep ob his own. next he will wake up most time at 8 am sometimes later and sometimes sooner. he nurses again and this time i will keep him up longer. lately he has been staying awake for like 2-3hrs now. so like yesterday he was fed a bottle while i was gone at like 12 he stayed awake til i got back at 2 and was nursed around 2:30 and then took a nap until 3:30. we nursed again at 5 kept him awake til 6 and he napped until 8pm. all his naps during the day he is unswaddled. his evening meal is usually beyween 8-9pm, and i put him in his crib no later than 9:30, he will either be ready for bed or will babble til 10and fall asleep. then we do it all again at 4am. i forgot to mention that sometime arpund noon is when i will get him out of pjs and in to new clothes, if he hasnt already made a mess of himself. then he gets changed back in to pjs after 8pm feeding. this helps him learn that it is time for bed and sometimes he will get a bath around this time. and then maybe ee read a book. this is all to establish a nightime routine. i use the soundspa mainly at nighttime, so at 9pm for 30min and at 4am for 30min, and then ocassionally during daytime nap if hes not napping well usually for 45min. so i hope this helps, and tailor to your schedule. i dont get much done during the day, not very motivated, but i dont takes naps while hes napping only because it got me used to being sleep deprived for when i went back to work whete i absolutely cant nap. so i get the most i can when he sleeps at night.
Comment by Debbie on February 19, 2014 at 12:10am
Can you share your schedule? I am so grateful for your help. Your advice has been so helpful. She fell asleep asleep at 8pm and Woke at 1230am. Fell asleep at 1250. Then Woke again at 530 am. Thanks again.
Comment by Debbie on February 19, 2014 at 12:05am
Jamie
Thanks for the advice. We swaddled off and on, but followed your advice and are doing it at night only. I am happy to report that she slept for 4.5 hours last night. I am feeling likebetter about a schedule. I have another question about your schedule

Members (52)

© 2014   Created by Mom365.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service