Mom365

Community

Information

August 2015

A group for moms of babies born in August 2015.

Members: 32
Latest Activity: Mar 31

Welcome, mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your toddler! Pics are good too :)

Discussion Forum

Is your little one a 'hugger'?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Mar 31. 2 Replies

Is your little one a big 'hugger'?  Do they hug just people they know, or will they walk up to strangers and hug them too? Continue

Stuffed animal overload?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Mar 22. 4 Replies

Does your little one have a ton of stuffed animals?  My kids are always seeming to get them from random places!  How do you store all those stuffed animals?Continue

You are not a baby :(

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Mar 22. 3 Replies

Have you had that moment that you look at your little one and realize they don't look like a baby anymore?  It usually hits me after a hair cut or when they are in a special outfit.  When has it…Continue

Early signs of potty training readiness?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Mar 22. 4 Replies

Have you noticed any early signs of your little one being ready to potty train? Some signs can be- staying dry all night or at nap time, wanting to be changed right after filling a diaper and…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of August 2015 to add comments!

Comment by Katie, Mom365 Host on August 2, 2016 at 4:25pm

Happy first birthday to all the August 2015 babies and their mamas! Everyone here at Mom365 hopes your first year was a wonderful one. We look forward to seeing your babies grow and develop!

xo, Amber, Katie, and everyone at Mom365

Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on January 5, 2016 at 11:25am

Good luck to you MammaBear- let us know how you are doing!

Comment by MammaBear on January 5, 2016 at 11:24am

Hello Amber,
Thanks for the suggestions. Your right it is hard to listen to the crying and I do feel bad for him. I have tried the baby wearing but unfortunately he is a big baby and has been taking out my lower back, so it will give the 20 min method a try.

Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on January 4, 2016 at 3:14pm

HI MammaBear,

Welcome!  There are probably two schools of thoughts on how to handle this- and my opinion is that you have to go with what works best for you and your family.  The first is to let your little one play on his own, even if screaming.  I know that those that go with this method don't typically let them go long, but they will start with say 20 minutes (since your LO seems good for just shy of that).  Place them where they can see you- and let them know you will be back (talk to them while you work too)- then let them play and go about what you need to do.  Maybe go a week at 20 minutes, then push it five minutes longer- and keep extending it.  This usually results in tears and not everyone is good with that- but it can be effective too.  One other option is to 'baby wear'- there are many sling/carrier options out there that allow you to have your baby with you and have your hands free.  I've seen moms have success with this too- the drawback would be that you do have to wear them and that can make some tasks more difficult.  Each method though has pros and cons! 

Comment by MammaBear on January 4, 2016 at 11:12am

Hello, I'm new to the group. My son is almost 5 months this coming Friday. I am struggling with ways to preoccupy him. He only wants me and to be held all the time. I have tried to do tummy time, exersaucer time, bouncy seat, and even stooped as low as cartoons. He is only preoccupied for 10-15 mins and then its mommy time again. Dad picks him up and within 5 mins hes screaming for mommy. I can't get anything done around the house. Please any suggestions on how to keep him busy will be appreciated.

Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on December 3, 2015 at 5:25am

Hi Gina,

So sorry to hear about your little one!  We usually did orajel on the gums which helped a lot- some moms will give a little Tylenol.  Sometimes chewing on fruit or veggies can help- I've seen moms give kids celery sticks or buy a fruit mesh feeder and put some fruit in it.  Other tips I have heard are freezing a partially wet wash cloth- then they can chew on the hard frozen parts.  Also, elevating the end of the crib they sleep on to help relieve the pressure.  Warm baths with lavender soap and lavender lotion after also can help them relax!  Hope Audrey is feeling better soon!

Comment by Gina on December 2, 2015 at 8:29pm
Hello! I'm new to the group. My daughter Audrey is 4 months and began teething about three weeks ago. Since then she's been extremely cranky in the afternoon and inconsolable by everyone except me. Any advice or good tips on how to help her be more comfortable with the new teeth and crankiness?
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on November 19, 2015 at 4:06pm

Hi NIkki,

Welcome and congratulations!  What a neat anniversary gift!

Comment by Nikki on November 19, 2015 at 4:00pm

Hi! Just joined - had my baby girl on Aug. 11th (on our 3rd wedding anniversary). First time mom, looking forward to being in a group with other August babies!

Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on November 6, 2015 at 9:50am

Hi Brianna!
Welcome and congratulations on Braelynn! Yeah for routines! Glad to have you join us!

Members (31)

© 2017   Created by Mom365.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service