Mom365

Community

Information

April 2014

A group for moms with babies born in April 2014.

Members: 44
Latest Activity: on Tuesday

Welcome, mamas!

Be sure to introduce yourself on the wall and tell us all about your new baby and pregnancy! Pics are good too :)

Discussion Forum

Teeth coming in?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host on Tuesday. 2 Replies

Has your little one had any teeth come in yet?  Are they working on them?  Share a photo of your little ones grin- with or without teeth!Continue

Plans for more?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Dec 9. 0 Replies

Are you thinking of having any more babies?  How long do you think you will wait? Continue

Room decorations?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host Nov 30. 0 Replies

Do you have any room decorations in your babies nursery?  What's one of your favorite room accents? Continue

Flu shot or no flu shot?

Started by Amber, Mom365 Host. Last reply by Amber, Mom365 Host Nov 26. 2 Replies

Did you decide to do the flu shot with your little one or not?  How did they react to the shot? Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of April 2014 to add comments!

Comment by Victoria Riddle on November 20, 2014 at 9:15am
She probably just needs mommy to soothe her. That's your job after all. Babies aren't capable of soothing themselves. And letting her cry like that is damaging. UNT did a study in 2012 regarding that and found that babies are incapable of self soothing. They just learn their cries won't be answered.
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on November 20, 2014 at 8:44am

Sounds like she isn't very hungry when she wakes if she doesn't finish the bottle- that's so rough to have a little one getting up still! Maybe when she wakes up, pick her up to settle her, then lie her back down and try not giving her the bottle? Each night as you get her, make the time you hold her to settle her shorter and shorter- then she kinda gets weaned off the idea that she should get up.

Comment by Lauren Vasquez on November 19, 2014 at 8:13am
Thank you Amber, unfortunately I am unable to put her in her own room at this time. But we have thought about loving her or ourselfs to the front room. Not sure if that will help. Yes she is on solids and eats well then I give her a bottle with rice cereal in it as well right before bed. Most of the time she falls asleep while eating and doesn't finish the bottle no matter what I do to wake her.
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on November 19, 2014 at 6:27am

Hi Lauren! Congratulations on your little Kara! It can be normal for a 6 or 7 month old to still wake up sometimes- but it sure can be hard! Are you able to move her into her own room? I found that when I moved the kids into their own room, they started sleeping through the night way better! That might be worth a try if you can/are comfortable with it. Have you started solids with her? If not, you might try starting a little at night to see if that helps keep her tummy full.

Comment by Lauren Vasquez on November 19, 2014 at 12:49am
Hello I'm Lauren And my little Kara was born April 22. Weighing in at 5lbs 2oz at 37weeks. She is such a wonder already sitting by herself and doesn't want to be on her tummy but standing trying to take steps. Hardest thing right now is she still wakes up in the middle of the night for a bottle. Anyone else have this issue? If not any ideas how to break it. She gets so mad and screams at the too of her lungs if I leave her for to long. which is hard since she is still in our room.

Thanks moms excited to be part of the group!!
Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on October 6, 2014 at 9:55am

Hi Janny, It's very nice to meet you!  Your son is very cute- I love the picture and the fun facts!

Comment by Jaddy on October 5, 2014 at 1:26am
Hello mommies my name is Jany.My son was born on April 19,he is a very charming little boy,My son loves to smile in the camera He started when he was about 2 months.My friends wondered if i am tickling him while taking pictures " I told them no, Everytime he hears me saying 1,2,3,smile then he knows its picture time.
He started teething when he was 3 months old and right now i saw a small white thingy growing in his lower gums.I am not sure if thats the baby teeth growing.
Jad love to watch his ABC Busybeavers and loves to play the piano and he loves to hear me singin,oh i got a video of him singing at the church when he was 3 months old.
Right now Jad is learning to sit without a support and he loves to smile to everyone.and mommies before I forgot Jad start eating solid food when he 3 months and 3 weeks,I know its too early but thats the only way i found to make him drink his milk.I was worried when he doesnt wanna drink his milk and losses his appetite.
Anyway thank you mommies for reading,Please understand my english and the way this letter is written.
I am first timer mom and glad to be part of this community.
God bless us all!!!
Comment by Mira's Mom on August 21, 2014 at 3:42pm

Hello mommies! I'm new to Mom365. My baby girl was born on April 27. She's pretty remarkable. Right now she is smiling, rolling over, putting her pacifier in her own mouth, trying to hold her own bottle and she is definitely reaching for things. She's a feisty girl and a bit of a hand full at times, but in some ways it makes me even more in awe of her fully formed personality. Little Ms. Independent.

Comment by Amber, Mom365 Host on August 14, 2014 at 11:44pm

I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it- just in case!

Comment by blackrose on August 13, 2014 at 11:36am

he won't reach for anything 

Members (44)

© 2014   Created by Mom365.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service